There might be a wooden item you’d love to decorate, or you’re looking to develop your talents by practicing on a new kind of material. Either way, wood is fantastic to draw on and is often overlooked by hobbyists and artists alike. We’ll cover what you need to get started and a few excellent examples of wood art to give you some ideas.
Once you’ve prepared the wood, you can think about the paints you’re going to use. Choosing the wrong kind can lead to shoddy quality work that looks unprofessional. Most normal paint pens and paint markers fade away as time flies. To have a great piece of woodcraft whose color resists abrasion requires you to use the best and most reliable paint pens you can find. There are top 10 best paint pens for wood here that help you choose the best one.
Top 10 Best Paint Pens For Wood 2020 Reviews
1. Elmer’s Painters Opaque Paint Markers, Set of 5 Markers
- Great for painting wood, the marker can be used on multiple surfaces, such as canvas, glass, plastic, stones, and many more.
- The marker is made to be very easy to use, and it is also smudge-free, highly pigmented, and the paint has an opaque sheen.
- This non-toxic acrylic-based marker is safe for children.
- Available in different sizes according to your coloring preferences.
2. Sharpie 37371PP Oil-Based Paint Markers
- It is water-resistant and non-toxic, which safe for kids.
- Quick-dry, permanent, and long-lasting.
- This marker allows you to control the flow of the fluid as per your style of painting.
- The various surfaces you can work on with this marker include glass, wood, pottery, and even surfaces like rubber and metal.
3. Uni Posca Paint Marker Pen – Medium Point – Set of 15 (PC-5M15C), Assorted
- Non-toxic, suitable for children.
- The pen distributes ink evenly on the surface and dries up quickly.
- The smooth touch of this marker’s tip gives you a delightful feeling while you’re working.
- The set comes with a lot of beautiful colors: white, light blue, gray, brown, orange, peach, light orange, yellow, pale green, purple, blue, green, pink, red, and black.
4. Metallic Marker Pens, Morfone Set of 10 Colors Paint Markers
- Great for people looking for lighter shades with 10 color options
- Dispenses ink easily, do not make a second coating.
- Easy to hold and write with
- Can work on various surfaces especially used in wood and black paper.
- The metallic sheen is interesting with something lighter and borderline pastel.
5. Flymax White Paint Pen
- Vivid white color can work on many surfaces.
- Non- toxic, suitable for children.
- The pens have 0.7mm of tips which has a good staying power are better for projects that require intricate details.
- It dispenses ink evenly and dries up quickly.
6. White Arylic Paint Pens
- It comes with ten fabulous color options.
- The pens have 2mm tips, so they are fun to use for shading or filling in, and they are easier to work on surfaces like wood.
- Can see how much ink is left.
- Non- toxic and affordable price.
7. Paint Mark Quick-Dry Paint Pens
- Affordable for 15 different color markers.
- The paint consistency is thick but smooth that can work on a variety of surfaces, not just wood.
- Vivid colors that don’t fade and get streaky.
- Easy to use on DIY projects.
8. Premium Paint Pens by Beric 12 pack
- The ink is high quality that are fast-drying markers with bold colors.
- Multicolor box with 12 hues to choose from that are weather-resistant.
- Pens will write on most surfaces such as wood, metal, plastic, canvas, glass, rubber, etc.
- Tested and certified for quality.
- Non-toxic so suitable for all ages.
9. U.S. Art Supply 18 Color Set
- These markers are oil-based and quick-drying with glossy permanent paint.
- Archival quality ink that is xylene-free.
- Suitable for use with many different surfaces.
- Features include a 365 day 100% money-back guarantee.
- The water-resistant formula that stays when you let it dry for a day.
10. iBayam Paint Marker Pens
- It is waterproof and resistant to fading.
- An easy to hold and use the pen with a valve action.
- The markers have a smooth flow that works on many different surfaces, including wood.
- The set comes in more than 21 vibrant colors that show up bright and opaque and dry quickly.
- Nontoxic oil-based ink that is permanent and acid-free.
With the acrylic paint pens on our list, you can create modern pieces that show off your sense of style and personality. Share artistic hobbies with others or give yourself a relaxing space and enjoy the fun of decorating different surfaces with versatile acrylic paint pens on our list. We hope you can choose the best one for you in this list. Thank you for reading!