These best and professional crayons will help you take your artwork to the next level. Made with high-quality pigments, these sets are sure to deliver the consistency and excellence you demand.
So whether you’re an ordinary sketch creator, an aspiring painter, or a master of drawing, these pencils will let you do your best job.
There is a list of 10 best crayons for artists. Let’s explore!
Top 10 Best Colored Pencils For Artists 2020 Reviews
1. Faber-Castell Creative Studio Goldfaber Color Pencils – Tin of 48
- Faber-Castell is one of the oldest and best-known brands for pencils and writing/drawing tools for the arts.
- The FABER & CASTELL Dry crayons have outstanding quality because high-grade pigment particles are resistant to sunlight and do not contain acids, so the color is very luminous.
- The color is bright, vibrant, and is based on thick oil, so it is very resistant to water and smudging.
- Not only durable in the product but also durable in the outer shell, all Faber Castell products feature an outer tin box, which is very strong and beautiful, to protect the inner pencil bars.
2. Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, Soft Core, 72 Pack
- The lead core is soft, rich in color, bold, vibrant, and smooth.
- Lead made of high-grade pigment particles, which helps to overlap colors (layer) easily, creates the illusion of depth and makes paintings vivid and suitable for drawing realism.
- The strength of this line is easy to erase, convenient for editing pictures.
- A particular type of lead, soluble with water, can instantly turn lead paintings into watercolor paintings.
3. Tombow Irojiten Colored Pencils (Woodlands)
- Unique box design with the theme “Irojiten- color encyclopedia,” the packaging is designed like a dictionary.
- High-grade crayon, wax-based painter quality helps create a thick, creamy, and smooth texture, making the blend technique show off correctly.
- The dense and hard lead increases the bearing capacity and stays sharp longer than the regular point, eliminating the need to sharpen it.
- The tail of the edge is the same color as the lead color for natural selection during drawing.
4. Cretacolor Artist Studio Set 72 Pieces
- The set includes 12 Studio graphite pencils, 7 Studio sketching pencils, 24 Studio watercolor pencils, and 24 Studio colored pencils.
- Crayons have a smooth buttery-like pigment and precise gradation, dust-proof and fade-resistant time.
- You can paint in a few layers or overlay multiple layers of color to change the density and use different types of lead to create more vividness for your painting.
5. Stabilo Carbothello Pastel Pencil, 60-Color Set
- The product is made from high-quality materials, so the color tone is very standard, the color is bright, full of vibrancy, increasing the coverage to 100%.
- The ideal color overlaps for perfect blending, dithering, becoming the most prominent advantage.
- The product complies with European safety standards and does not contain harmful toxins to health.
- It combines 60 colored pencils.
6. Staedtler Ergosoft Colored Pencils, Set of 24 Colors
- This 24-set of color pencils have softcore and display creamy colors.
- A non-slip grip will give you hours of coloring fun.
- When applied, the color is smooth, smooth, high-density, and has excellent adhesion.
- With good quality and beautiful designs, this is a meaningful gift for the artist.
7. Fantasia Premium Colored Pencil Set 36pc
- Thirty-six pencils of Fantasia is a great way to get into colored pencils without investing too heavily for beginners.
- Their extra-thick, blendable cores make them perfect for layering and blending.
- Smooth, beautiful colors, not too hard or soft.
- It has a high color concentration, which is manufactured with carefully selected pigments.
8. Derwent Colored Pencils, Inktense Ink Pencils, Drawing, Art, Metal Tin, 24 Count
- Using the set for work where there’s a lot of shading and blending.
- Includes a range of 24 colors that are easy to apply.
- The round 4mm soft lead core and pigments dry quickly are perfect for bold, expressive drawings.
- Reasonable price for the right product.
9. Chameleon Art Products, Multicolor Tones Pencils, with Convenient Storage Case – 50 Colors
- Chameleon Color Tones are made with blending in mind thanks to their vibrant color and buttery consistency.
- This set of 25 colored pencils create 50 vibrant colors packs twice the punch thanks to the fact that each one comes with the perfect blending color on the other end.
- They come with a handy storage case that transforms into an easel to make selecting your pencils while coloring easy.
10. ARTEZA Colored Pencils, Professional Set of 72 Colors
- Non-toxic, which is safe even for children’s use.
- This particular set is a wax-based color pencil perfect for coloring, shading, and sketching.
- Available in many different and vibrant colors for maximum coverage and fade-resistant.
Above are the most popular brands of crayons today. Buy one of these sets so you can start exploring what colored pencils have to offer. You’ll create beautiful artwork with these quality sets. We hope that depending on the needs of use and financial ability, choose the brand that best suits you.